søndag 25. november 2012

All the things I'm thankful for

I'm thankful for my parents love
I'm thankful for the opportunity to be an exchange student
I'm thankful for getting to celebrate my first thanksgiving with the Sharps
I'm thankful for my friends and family's support
I'm thankful for everyone who stand by my side
I'm thankful for being an Oklahoman
I'm thankful for having food on my table and roof over my head
I'm thankful for Skype so I can keep in touch with my family
I'm thankful for my grandmother sending me letters even though I never remember to answer
I'm thankful for all the cute cats we've had in foster-care and how wonderful they are
I'm thankful for fitting into size 0 jeans
I'm thankful for getting to do Black Friday with awesome friends in Tulsa
I'm thankful for being able to live the American dream this year
I'm thankful for the wonderful year I had with FpU
I'm thankful for the lifestyle I live and the things I have
I'm thankful for my health and being alright

Thanksgiving er en kjempefin helligdag som jeg aldri trodde jeg kom til å forstå. Da vi skulle til å spise middag var det tid for å be, og selv om jeg ikke helt er med på den idéen var det koselig likevel. Sønnen til kontaktpersonen min ba en bønn mens alle hadde øynene lukket. Mens vi koste oss med god thanksgiving-mat som Hilary (kona til kontaktpersonens sønn) hadde laget, gikk vi runden hvor alle sa hva de var takknemlig for i år - liten som stor. Thanksgiving er virkelig noe av det koseligste jeg har opplevd mens jeg var her borte! Jeg er så takknemlig for at jeg fikk feiret Thanksgiving med kontaktpersonen min og hennes familie, og kunne ikke bedt om en bedre thanksgiving. Håper alle andre koste seg også!

1 kommentar:

  1. The wonderful year I had in FpU?
    Er du ikke med i FpU lenger?

    SvarSlett